Featured post

The Gospel according to Matthew Chapter 22

THE GOSPEL ACCORDING  TO MATTHEW  CHAPTER   22 1. Once more Jesus spoke to them in parables, saying;...

Tuesday 31 May 2016

The Gospel according to Matthew Chapter 28





THE GOSPEL ACCORDING TO

MATTHEW 

CHAPTER 

28





I would like to start this chapter with a little humour. This joke has been forwarded to me by my friend Fumni Akinmade who is a follower of this blog.


There was a Pastor who during his sermon told his parishioners; " I have some bad news, some good news and some bad news."

" The bad news is that the roof of this place is leaking and needs to be repaired, the good news is that you have the money, the bad news is that it is still in your pockets".


1. After the sabbath, as the first day of the week was dawning, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to see the tomb, 2. And suddenly there was a great earthquake; for an angel of the Lord descending from heaven came and rolled back the stone and sat on it.


(Gospel of Matthew Chapter 28 verses 1 to 2)


Oh God my Father, I thank You for sending Your angels in order to intervene and play an active role. I also thank You for removing the tombstones that hinder us from growing in our spiritual, social and even psychological life Amen. I offer You those of us, at times even myself who are still experiencing such blockages. May we place our trust in You, that You are able to send Your angels at any time to roll away the blockages of our lives, even if it takes an earthquake a supernatural intervention to do the job as in the following link that I encourage You to click on Amen.


Saved by angels


3. His appearance was like lightning, and his clothing white as snow. 4. For fear of him the guards shook and became like dead men.


(Gospel of Matthew Chapter 28 verses 3 to 4)



If the guards became like dead men on seeing the angel, how much more would there surprise be on seeing You come out of the tomb and maybe even talk to them. I remember oh God my Father, how terrified I felt when You personally spoke to me for the first time in my life. I was on the verge of a heart attack, I sweated profusely and started trembling violently and I could hardly speak. I thank You for such peak moments oh God my Father and I crave for more of them Amen.



5. But the angel said to the women, "Do not be afraid; I know that you are looking for Jesus who was crucified. 6.  He is not here; for he has been raised, as he said. Come, see the place where he lay. 7. Then go quickly and tell his disciples, 'He has been raised from the dead, and indeed he is going ahead of you to Galilee; there you will see him.' This is my message for you."


(Gospel of Matthew Chapter 28 verses 5 to 7)


Oh, Jesus Son of God my Father may we all welcome the message of the 'Good News'. We believe in the risen God and not in a God, who remained bound under the clutches of death. You have risen and have opened for us the gate of heavens. The forces of evil have lost their battle against You until we meet again during the final moment when their defeat is officially confirmed during the final day of Judgement Amen.


In a spirit of praise and adoration, I invite you to join me in the following song called 'We believe in God the Father'


We believe in God the Father


8. So they left the tomb quickly with fear and great joy, and ran to tell his disciples. 9. Suddenly Jesus met them and said, "Greetings!" And they came to him, took hold of his feet and worshipped him. 10. Then Jesus said to them, "Do not be afraid; go and tell my brothers to go to Galilee; there they will see me."


(Gospel of Matthew Chapter 28 verses 8 to 10)


Oh, Jesus Son of God my Father You do not like it when we are afraid or in doubt, in order to strengthen the faith of the women, You appeared to them Yourselves and did not permit them to rely only on the message of the angel who appeared at the tomb. Amen. 


11. While they were going,  some of the guard went into the city and told the chief priests everything that had happened. 12. After the priests had assembled with the elders, they devised a plan to give a large sum of money to the soldiers, 13. telling them, "You must say, 'His disciples came by night and stole him away while we were asleep.' 14. If this comes to the governor's ears, we will satisfy him and keep you out of trouble." 15. So they took the money and did as they were directed. And this story is still told among the Jews to this day.


(Gospel of Matthew Chapter 28 verses 11 to 15)


Oh God how cursed is the necessary evil. Some of us do their utmost to be in possession of more and more money, which results in more and more power and manipulation that can cause people becoming corrupt and false in their testimony as in the case of the guards and may others Amen.


16. Now the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain to which Jesus had directed them. 17. When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. 18. And Jesus came and said to them, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19. God therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20. and teaching them to obey everything that I have commanded you. And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age."


(Gospel of Matthew Chapter 28 verses 16 to 20)


Oh Jesus Son of God my Father I thank You for giving me a small portion of this ministry of spreading Your Word and the messages of prayer that You share with me every day, so that I can share them with others both on line and even offline when You send me occasions where I can do so. I pray that You will keep on giving me these prayers both for my spiritual and personal growth and even for that of others as is according to Your will Amen.


I would like to end this last chapter of the Gospel of Matthew with the following prayer:


I thank You Jesus for all Your support that You give me by means of Your Gospel and by means of others such as colleagues at work and even family by whom You never stop speaking to me and even help me in correcting me in my ways.  I would like to offer You all the students who are sitting for exams or practicals today especially for my friend Matthew who is sitting for a Physics practical examination. Amen May Your will be done for Matthew and for all the students who have either finished or still in the process of ending these important exams which will determine their future Amen.


In order to continue this meditation on the Word of God I invite you to click on the following link which takes you to the Gospel according to St. Mark


The Gospel according to St. Mark




 





 



 






















No comments:

Post a Comment